Pages

Monday, May 30, 2016

Papertrey Ink: MAKE IT MONDAY #251: GRADIENT WATERCOLOR DIE CUTS

Hello good friends


I sure hope everyone has had a wonderful 3 day weekend in remembrance for all those who have served our country. We enjoyed a quiet weekend and today went to our son's for a B-B-Q with our 4 children, their families and our grandchildren. Two of our children were in the military and one of our son-in-laws. Thankfully they are all home now and safe. It is always nice to have outdoor events, as it is a busy place when we all get together now with so many grand kids (9 and one on the way)-love them all dearly!

When I returned home, I immediately went to the computer to see what this week's MIM challenge was on Papertrey's "Capture the Moment" Blog. Today, Dawn McVey is showing a great video on how to create a  "Gradient Watercolor" technique. You can check it out here.

I love this technique for two reasons-
       1. It is relaxing to create using this technique
       2. It's fast and easy!

Here is my card, using the "Butterfly" Cover Plate. This is easily one of my favorite cover plates from Papertrey.



I used PTI inks:



The sentiment is from "A Little Inspiration," also from PTI. I am giving this card to a co-worker. She and I have to constantly remind one another that our jobs are new to the organization, and at times a little disorganized and frustrating. We have a slogan to help us "Remember," it will get better! Our slogan has been "We are flying the plane as it is being built!" I keep adding "I think we might have put the wings on upside down and backwards!" HAHA......

PTI has a great little saying in this set that was perfect for our journey in this new job position and I thought it would make her chuckle! 


This was a great technique and a fun card to put together! 

See you soon-
Heidi




10 comments:

  1. Very cute. Love the butterflies and the coloring is great. Glad you had a nice Memorial Day with all your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab watercoloured butterflies- love them going over the edges

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card and I love how you put all those sentiments together on the inside of your card. What a great message and great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card, your colors look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card and it seems you have the perfect personality to keep things in perspective...with a smile and a chuckle!! I love the sentiment inside, and it is all true!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful butterflies and lovely (and funny) sentiments for the inside! Glad you and your work partner can see the humor in your jobs...definitely makes it easier!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty butterflies. You did such a nice job. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so pretty, such beautiful blending of colors! I really like that butterfly cover plate too! Perfect sentiment for your co-worker. I went through the new job routine about 9 years ago, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your gradient coloring blended beautifully, Heidi. Sounds like you have a great coworker to help you both get through your trials and tribulations. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...