Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Papertrey Ink-MIM #241

Hi all-

This week over at Papertrey Ink's blog "Capture the Moment," Betsy Veldman is showing a fabulous technique for the Make It Monday Challenge. She is challenging us to make an ombre stenciled background. If you are unfamiliar with how to make an ombre background effect, Betsy has a fabulous video showing how she created this beautiful card---check it out!


 I recently purchased some great background stencils from Papertrey, so I was excited to see this weeks challenge is asking us to use them! I also absolutely love the color combo Betsy chose in making the ombre background, so of course mine is very similar looking, color-wise! 


Betsy used the chevron stencil on her card, and I used the little flat looking oval stencil design from the set for my card. 

For my card details, I use a small doily to put over the background ombre stencil design, and then tied some natural jute twine across this area. I used PTI stamps and dies "Frilly Flowers" with the same color combos as the ombre design.

 I added Ripe Avocado leaves. 

My sentiment is from the stamp set "Handwritten Notes." In the center of the flowers, I die cut a Hibiscus Burst felt flower using the Bitty Button Stacks die. I then added a Harvest Gold button tying the two together with a piece of jute twine.

I love how my card turned out! I have done ombre techniques in other ways before, but using the stencil over the top for some fun tone-on-tone design sure made the colors pop! So much fun!!



Have a Fantastic Day-
Heidi



2 comments:

  1. You can be really happy with this card! I love it with the bright pink/yellow flowers and the great stencil work. I must remember to use those Buttons as flower centers, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is yummy...from the colors, the stencil use to create your ombre effect, and your lovely layered flower with different textures has wonderful 3-D depth!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...