Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

The Shabby Tea Room-Challenge #209 "Spring Is Near"

Happy Monday Friends-
 
I hope this finds you all and well. I love the title of this week's challenge in The Shabby Tea Room. I am sure, I am not the only one ready for some spring like weather. Although, here in Northern California, we need some more rain-so, I will wait a little longer for spring to arrive and just pretend it's spring and use my creativity to help me enjoy the coming weather and delights of spring!
 
This week, Aneta is our creative host and she has provided us with this wonderfully beautiful inspirational photo, which definately says "Spring Is Near." She asks we use this photo to give us a jump start into creating a card/project and to also use the color Baby Blue, birds and spring flowers.
 
 
Our sponsor this week is "The Cutting Cafe."
 
The Cutting Cafe
 
They carry some fun digi stamp prints and some great cut files that can either be cut with your machine or by hand. Take a peek at their great selection.
 
 
For my card this week, I chose to use a cut file with a pocket on it, so that I could fill it with pretty blue flowers. I always remember as a child in Kindergarten, when I hung a pocket of flowers that I had picked in the field on my way home one day, on my mom's kitchen door knob. Ofcourse it was May Day-but this pocket reminded me of that special memory and obviously, I had to indulge myself in that little thought, as I made my card this week. Ahhh....to be young again, when the days were so simplistic, and life was fun and so easy!
 
Ok, I know get on with it already-sorry, memory lane took me out of my reality for a moment :) Here is my finished creation (with a little memory lane wrapped up in it)!
 
 
I love the soft blue of the pocket and the little garden seeds and all the little extra gardening materials! What a fun card this was to create! I am sure you will all want to put your creative juices to work this week, with this fabulous challenge theme!
 
By the way, I almost forgot, we have three new Design Team members on board with us. Diane Hover - Nellie's Nest and Lenet Mos - To Scrap or Not to Scrap, That is the Question and Sharon Gregory (Shaz) - Simply Shaz. Welcome ladies and I know you will enjoy playing with us in the next few months with all of our inspiration and designs!
 
So, come on over to The Shabby Tea Room, and join all of us Design Team members this week!
 
Have a great week-
Heidi
 
 


2 comments:

  1. A pocket full of spring prettiness! This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shaker seed packet and the sweet little birdie, gardening paraphernalia, and lovely, crisp bow...you'll have to shown me how you did that one!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...