Saturday, August 31, 2013

Papertrey Ink Stamp-A-Faire Projects

Hi friends-

What a great time my mom and I had creating cards with some of the techniques that the fabulous design team from Papertrey Ink came up with. There were 10 techniques taught throughout
the day, but with all of our gabbing and eating, we only managed to create 4. I can't wait to try out the rest!
Here is what I came up with-Enjoy!

This first card we used homemade spritzing spray. Very easy to make, so no more buying the expensive stuff! I embossed the flower ("Wild Flower Garden") with white embossing powder and then spritzed with PTI's Royal Velvet. I then colored in some of the blank areas with my markers to give even more dimension to the leaf and flower.  I loved this easy peasy technique-so fun!

Here is my moms card. I loved how it turned out! She used "Reasons To Smile" a new set (not yet released) from PTI. Love this set!
She did all the same techniques as I did and then added a fun spellbinders die
And she added pearls to the centers of some of her flowers!

The next technique we played with was a shabby chic flower (my favorite)! PTI Design team member, Melissa Phillips showed how to tea stained some muslim fabric. Then after it had dried, I cut out all elements of my flower, stamped the petals with different wording stamps, and then assembled the flower. 
Here is my finished card. I love making my own flowers and most of the time that's what I end up doing so I can get just the right flower for my project! So now I have another technique to add to my bag of flower making tricks- oh how happy that makes me!

I used several layers with so many different textures and I love the result!!!

The next technique was using paper clay. I've always wanted to try this, but have just never taken the time! Well, silly me, it's super simple and so fun to play with! First I colored the clay with two colors (black and turquoise). With the turquoise, I placed it between two layers of velum and die cut a flower. Then I carefully pulled the cut flower layers apart and let it air dry. After all were dry, I layered them together with additional die cut flowers of plain velum. Ooohhh another flower making technique for my stash--so excited! I also pressed a  butterfly die into the clay and let it dry slightly and then cut it out with my scissors! I love it! 

The last technique I had time for was making your own scratch and sniff powder. I used a vanilla scent because I couldn't get a very strong gingery scent or pumpkin scent-hmmm...oh well! It was fun to try and the vanilla is very strong! I made a little tag and used a new set by PTI "Scent-imentals," another new set not yet released!

Hope you enjoyed and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...